We understand the importance of reliability.
D2L employs a Continuous Delivery model for the Brightspace platform, releasing defect fixes and new features on a monthly recurring schedule which does not require downtime or unavailability of the environment.
As of January 2018, for maintenance of our Cloud environments, we have a new model in place. Previously, we had a defined monthly maintenance window in which clients could expect some impact on the availability. Now, there is no need for a defined, planned window for downtime. Instead, clients can expect that Brightspace is always available.
Of course, in very rare cases, issues arise that are outside of our control which requires us to perform maintenance that will impact site availability. In these rare cases, where we can, we will perform the maintenance within the standard maintenance windows you are already very familiar with and we will give you advance notice of this maintenance as well as the reasons for it.
Our communication commitments to you when impactful maintenance is needed are:
- Notice of maintenance that will impact availability will be sent 30 days in advance and such maintenance will generally occur during your maintenance windows.
- Notice of maintenance for critical issues beyond our control, such as security patches required for third-party technology, will be sent at least 24 hours in advance.
- All communications to you from our Customer Support team will be sent by email to ASCs (Approved Support Contacts).
- We will provide in that communication an estimate of the amount of downtime required and where possible, the reason.
- We will post maintenance pages to keep you updated while the maintenance takes place.