The following are generic steps you can take to implement SPAM filtering rules on your email controller:
1. Determine what you classify as spam
- Do you wish to block emails from an entire domain?
- Do you wish to block emails from a source IP?
- Do you with to block emails from one user address?
- Do you wish to block emails containing certain information?
2. Determine what you want to do with these emails
- Reject the emails reaching the recipient
- Send the emails but mark them as SPAM
- Do nothing
3. Implement the rules according to your spam filter settings
4. Save the configuration setting
In addition to setting up a spam filter, starting as of the May 2023/Version 20.23.5 Release, you can report any emails sent from outside your organization as spam by clicking the Report Spam button, which forwards the email to D2L for analysis against our spam filters.