Authored by: D2L Product Operations
D2L assists all K-12 customers in responding to security questions and incidents at no additional charge. This assistance includes product and server log analysis for response to security/penetration testing, compromised user accounts, email phishing and vulnerabilities. Note that in exceptional circumstances, fees may apply to limit cases of extraordinary scope.
D2L-provided security services
Services that D2L provides free of charge to assist with security related questions or events:
- Log reviews - including product and server log reviews and instructions on using in-product Data Sets - of user access or activity with relevant log entries and analysis provided to client Approved Support Contacts.
Note: See below for *Limitations: Anything beyond this scope would require a paid engagement by D2L.
- Reviews and assessment of Security/Penetration testing results as it relates to D2L Products and Services
- Assistance with compromised user accounts including reviewing account activity and disabling accounts.
- Assistance with phishing or spam issues related to Brightspace Emails including Spam filtering, and blocking of external email addresses or domains.
- Responding to security questions or concerns based on externally published vulnerabilities or product-observations.
*Limitations to Log review
- Log review may include review of Product logs, enabling users to use in-product features such as Brightspace Data Sets, or review of D2L Server and related logs
- For situations requiring server log review the scope is limited to:
- User: maximum 10 users
- Tool: Limited to single tool and single action
- Time frame: maximum 3 days worth of review
- Time: Length of time of a specific activity does not exceed 3 hours