If you have recently decided to upgrade from Ellucian ILP 4 to ILP 5, you might be wondering what that entails on the Brightspace Learning Environment side. The good news is you don't need a D2L implementation project when moving from ILP4 to ILP5. As an administrator, you can make the required changes in your Brightspace Learning Environment instance.
- Once you have made the required changes on the Ellucian side and if you use Grades Export, you might have received a new endpoint URL or credentials as a result of the upgrade. Follow the steps below to update this information within your Brightspace Learning Environment instance:As an administrator, log in to your Brightspace Learning Environment instance.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click IPSIS Administration > Elucian ILP > Configuration.
- Under Grades Export, in the ILP Server Address field, enter the new endpoint URL.
- Enter the ILP Username and ILP Password in their respective fields.
- Configuration page" height="217" src="https://us.v-cdn.net/6036482/uploads/40BEPBTJ8IRS/image.png" width="500">
- Figure: The Grades Export area under the Ellucian ILP > Configuration page
- Click Save Configuration.
Note: As you navigate the Ellucian set up wizard you'll receive prompts to keep the SourcedIds the same as ILP4 or to modify them. D2L strongly recommends you do not change the SourcedIds, otherwise Brightspace Learning Environment will attempt to create new data using new SourcedIds and this will cause conflict with existing entities. D2L also recommends that you plan upgrading from an ILP4 to ILP 5 in between semesters.