Withdrawn Students and Assignments

Anne.D.982
Anne.D.982 Publicaciones: 5 🌱

Second question for the night:

I know that we can pull out data in gradebook for students who have withdrawn part way through a unit.

Can I confirm, that same data isn't exposed in any of the Brightspace assignment data sets we have access to?

Example is Student A submits 3 assignments before withdrawing from a unit. Student A is marked on Assignment 1, but not Assignments 2 & 3. In the Brightspace Grades data sets I can see Student A and their mark for Assignment 1 in the unit. In the Brightspace Assignment data sets for the unit I can not see any data for Student A.

Comentarios

• Justin.B.253
    Justin.B.253 Publicaciones: 20 🌱

We are running into something very similar, we require our faculty to provide a last day of activity in the course for Financial Aid reasons and that usually isn't requested until after the student has been removed from the course. Beside grades, the instructor can not see what was submitted and when to get an accurate date. It would be nice if student data remained in the course after the drop.

I think you are right, since the student has dropped, they will not show on any data set related to grades and assignments. As a test, I ran the Learning Usage report for a class, that class had 3 students that dropped mid-semester, they are not on the report and therefore can be used to access last date of activity.

In the past, as a workaround, my office will manually re-enroll the student back into the course using a "no-access" type user role to repopulate the data for that student. This then allows us to rerun the Learner Usage report and the student data is then included.