Reminder - Advanced Assessment is now available for ALL in Non-Production Environments!

Jackie.G.212
Jackie.G.212 Publicaciones: 26

Hello!

Just a reminder for everyone that Advanced Assessment is now available for all clients in non-production environments. If you are having trouble accessing the features, please reach out to your client team or to me at jacqueline.guan@d2l.com. Here's the documentation again, in case you missed last month's announcement. This community group will still be the space for updates to changes in Advanced Assessment until the General Availability later this year.

Thanks!

Jackie

Comentarios

• Steve.B.446
    Steve.B.446 Publicaciones: 74

Hi Jackie

I appreciate the work done on this, but I don't see how we can usefully beta test it in a non-production environment. You can only g through the motions with test data, it's only when you use it in production that you're going to see the real world quirks and edge cases come up.

• Jackie.G.212

Hi @Steve.B.446 , thanks for sharing your feedback. To give you some more context into our decision - we wanted to balance giving our customers new features in a timely manner, getting feedback for development and roadmapping, and also reducing the disruption for admins and instructors during a semester. Therefore, we decided to put the features in non-production environments so that anyone who is interested in this set of advanced features are able to take a look in a safe environment. We understand that the best type of testing is done in the production environment but we also wanted to be mindful of sudden changes for our customers. For your information, we currently have more than 20 customers using Advanced Assessment in a production environment so if you are interested in trying it out in that setting, all you have to do is reach out to me and I'll help to enable it.

Kind regards,

Jackie

• Rebecca.F.235
    Rebecca.F.235 Publicaciones: 20 🌱

Hi @Jackie.G.212

We have had a query about the advanced assessment and APIs.

See below:

I've done some testing in Dev2 with the multi-evaluator tool on Assignments and noticed that (as it stands as of the 20.24.4 release) there is absolutely no API support around the multi-evaluator tools. This includes any information on the Assignment folder data response, and there is no indication if a submission is partially evaluated.

Are you able to let me know if there will be API documentation/ updates or information in this area? And if so when that would be so we can plan accordingly ( as we use the JS injector to add quite a bit of inforamtion for our users especially regarding assignments).

Regards

Rebecca

• Jackie.G.212

Hi @Rebecca.F.235 ,

Thanks for taking a look at the features! You are correct, there's no current API support for the multi-evaluator tools. API and Dataset support for Advanced Assessment features is one of the future roadmap items we have in mind. We are currently planning and confirming the roadmap for the next 18 months, so I am unable to provide more details as things are still being discussed internally. Please review our public roadmap for more information on upcoming items.

Jackie

• Rebecca.F.235
    Rebecca.F.235 Publicaciones: 20 🌱

Thanks for the update :)

• EdTech.G.660
    EdTech.G.660 Publicaciones: 9 🌱

Hi everyone,

We've had this new feature available in our DEV environment for a couple of weeks now and here are some of our observations:

1. The 'One Shared Evaluation' option allows evaluators to override one another's grades and comments. There's no way to ensure that comments and grades entered by one evaluator are 'locked' so that no further edits can be made.
    2. The 'Multiple Individual Evaluations' option has an 'aggregated' tab in the evaluation view which doesn't actually aggregate grades or in-line comments entered by evaluators. It appears that whomever is designated the publisher has to manually aggregate the grades and copy and paste the comments into the 'aggregated' tab. This is a lot of work.
    3. The 'Ready to Review' option doesn't actually 'lock' comments or grade entered for an evaluator. Any evaluator can go in and publish the evaluation.

This is quite an exciting feature and we were keen to test it, but we believe that the above items are worth considering before a full roll out. In particular, we need to have a way to lock in grades and comments entered by evaluators.

Thank you for your attention,

EdTech (Saafi)

• Jamie.D.715
    Jamie.D.715 Publicaciones: 11 🧭

@EdTech.G.660 Saafi, re: "Any evaluator can go in and publish the evaluation" - can you confirm this is not due to the Evaluator user also being a Publisher in the scenario in which you've observed this? From my own testing, this does not occur when the "Manually select publishers" option is chosen and specific eligible (Instructor or TA) users have been selected - for Evaluators not assigned as Publishers, the Publish button is greyed out.

If, however, "All evaluators can publish any evaluations" is selected under the Publishers dropdown menu (the first and "default" setting), I can confirm that yes: any of the evaluators can publish - as expected.

• Catalina.A.53
    Catalina.A.53 Publicaciones: 2 🔍
    Hi!

Currently, it seems all the evaluators assigned to an assessment can see all students and all submissions. After allocating students using the allocation tool, there doesn't seem to be any visual indicator to signal to evaluators which students are assigned to them for marking. How can an evaluator tell which student they are supposed to evaluate?
  • Jackie.G.212

Hi @Catalina.A.53 Thank you for your note. We have some indication for instructors in the Assignment status indicators but it is an area we can improve on. At the moment, you can see the various statuses, that indicates work to do for instructors, here in the blog post https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/25953-advanced-assessment-for-all-environments-of-brightspace#status-indicators-for-multi-evaluator-workflows . Alternatively instructors can also use Quick Eval to review what they have assigned to them.

However, we recognize that this may not be enough and improving on the monitoring of statuses for instructors is an item we have in the backlog and will review at roadmap planning to prioritze accordingly.