Evaluating quizzes from Content allows instructors to easily assess student learning directly from Brightspace course modules and topics.
- Navigate to Content.
- Find and click the quiz that you want to evaluate.
- Select Quiz Setup.
- From the quiz drop-down menu, click Grade.
Evaluating quizzes in the Users or Attempts tab
- Click the attempt of the user whose quiz you want to grade.
- In the Grade Quiz page, use the Attempt drop-down menu to select the quiz attempt you want to grade.
- In the Question View drop-down menu, choose either:
- All questions to view all quiz questions whether you have or have not graded them.
- Pending evaluations to only view the questions you have not graded.
- For each written question's Attempt Grade, enter the score for that question.
- For questions with auto-graded Scores, like multiple choice questions, you do not have to grade the question unless you are correcting an error.
- In the Attempt Feedback text box, enter your feedback for that question if desired.
- Click Update when you are finished grading to save your evaluation. Alternatively, click Retract to remove your evaluation.
- Click Back to return to the Grade Quiz page.
- Repeat the above steps for each learner.
Evaluating quizzes in the Questions tab
The Questions tab allows you to grade all learner attempts for a single question. You can choose Grade individual responses to grade the question for each user; or you can Update all attempts to give everyone the same mark for a specific question.
For the Grade individual responses workflow:
- Under Grade individual responses, select Hide learners' names or View evaluated responses to see learners' names.
- Note: You do not have to enter grades for auto-graded questions unless desired.
- For the Page Size drop-down list below Grade Question, click the number of user responses you want per page. The number of questions that can appear are 1, 5, 10, and 20.
- Enter the Score.
- Click Expand question feedback to open the Feedback text box. Enter your feedback if desired.
- To move to the next page of responses, click the arrows below Grade Question.
- When you are finished grading, click Save to return to the Grade Quiz page.
- Repeat the above steps for each question.