The plug-in interface for IBulkSendReportHandler is used by BulkManager to support producing a reportBulkDataExchange request.
The interface implementation is D2L.IM.IPSIS.Bulk.Handlers.IBulkSendReportHandler.
The Template - Bulk Report configuration list provides a starting point for any LIS implementation.
The D2L.IM.IPSIS.LIS.BDEMS.Default.ReportBulkDataExchangeHandler (Sort Order = 10) is used as a starting point when you are integrating using LIS.
The handler performs the following tasks:
- Validates the endpoint and setup the client.
- Gets the BulkBlockReportType from the report generator. If the report is null, a basic report that satisfies the minimum requirements for the LIS specification is created and used, and an error is logged.
- Creates the reportBulkDataExchangeRequest using the report.
- Sends the reportBulkDataExchangeRequest via the client.
- Examines the response. If the response back is a success, return true. If the response back was an error, the handler updates the status of the job to error, logs the error, and returns false.
- Takes the source system out of BulkMode.