From IPSIS Administration, the dashboard for the D2L Standard CSV integration provides the processing status of the latest batch, allowing you to review logs and identify any errors that may have occurred.
Note: To access the IPSIS Administration interface, the Access IPSIS Administration Console permission is required.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click IPSIS Administration.
- Click D2L Standard CSV or the custom name of the integration. The dashboard displays.
- Click any of the following tabs:
- The Dashboard and Batches tabs display a final indicator if the batch completed successfully or with errors. Each batch has a quick link to the Audit Log and, if completed with errors, to Log Messages.
- The Log Messages tab displays log messages for all batch jobs. Defaults to logs from the last 24 hours, sorted by newest at the top. You can apply several filters to the log messages. There is a Group by message check box which, if checked, groups the log details by error message so you can resolve the same type of issue in at once.
Tip: Review all logs in the Log Messages tab to verify all files processed as expected. If error messages were logged, expand the error to review the metadata captured to identify the error, correct the data in your SIS, and export a new zip archive with a CSV file that only contains the necessary changes to correct the errors. The goal is to have the batches completed without errors.
- The Audit Log tab displays a detailed summary of all actions taken, sorted by date (by default). You can apply several filters to the log messages.
- The Org Units • tab displays a complete list of all of the org units that D2L Standard CSV is aware of. This is a good reference for troubleshooting errors related to org units. For example, you can expect that if a particular Org Unit hasn't been created by D2L previously, than all attempted enrollments into that OrgUnit or child OrgUnits under that parent will fail..