Banner Grades is an add-on to the Grades tool and Brightspace Banner Adapter in Brightspace that enables instructors to export final grades from Brightspace to your organization's Banner Student Information System (SIS) in near real-time. Banner Grades includes the following key features:
- Grade Exchange with Banner by Ellucian® with near real-time feedback
- Consistent and familiar Brightspace user interface for grades export
- Flexibility to submit letter or numeral grades
- Option to restrict submitted grades to released grades only
- Option to submit midterm grades
- Option to set last date of attendance for learners with failing grades: Your D2L site administrator must set the d2l.Tools.Grades.ExportHandlerPage and d2l.Tools.Grades.ExportToSIS.LAExportHandlerPage configuration variables to enable this feature, and it requires Luminis Message Broker 4.2b or higher. Contact your Banner administrator or Ellucian Professional Services if you need assistance installing the correct version of Luminis Message Broker.
- Submission of calculated or adjusted final grades
- Ability to override Brightspace grade prior to submission
- Section by section grade submissions
- Configurable instructions and error messages
The acquisition, implementation, and configuration of Banner by Ellucian and the Brightspace Banner Adapter for eLearning must be done independently by your organization and is beyond the scope of this guide. Ellucian Services may also be required to configure the Learning Management Gateway and Luminis Message Broker to receive grades from this solution.