SIS Course Merge enables instructors to simplify course management by merging multiple IPSIS-processed courses into one parent course offering. The tool enhances course management efficiency and simplifies content delivery, by keeping Classlist and section-specific tools separate while maintaining a unified course structure. This enables teachers to deliver tailored instruction to different sections while efficiently managing administrative tasks associated with enrollment and grading.
For more information, see the product blog: Streamline your course management with the new SIS Course Merge tool and the FAQ: SIS Course Merge tool.
Set up and Configure SIS Course Merge
SIS Course Merge is turned on by client administrators and D2L Support:
Setting required permissions
Administrators must ensure that the appropriate SIS Course Merge permissions are set for the roles accessing, merging, unmerging, or accessing audit logs for courses. For more information, see SIS Course Merge permissions
- On the organization home page, click the Org Admin menu.
- Select Roles and Permissions.
- Browse to and select a role to which you want to provide SIS Course Merge permissions.
- In the Filter by Tool menu, browse to SIS Course Merge, then click Apply Filter.
- Ensure the following permissions are set:
Click Save and Close.
- Can access the SIS Course Merge tool
- Can merge my SIS Courses and/or Can merge all SIS courses
- Can access the audit log for all/my Courses
- Can unmerge all/my SIS Courses
Figure: The Roles and Permissions tool grid, filtered by Instructor role and SIS Course Merge tool.
Accessing the SIS Course Merge tool
To access SIS Course Merge:
- Log in to your Brightspace account as an instructor or administrator.
- Click Admin Tools.
- Under the SIS Integration area, click SIS Course Merge.
Viewing merge audit logs
For information about merge audit logs, see SIS Course Merge data sets.