The System Log tab of D2L Standard CSV is an error log that allows you to view troubleshooting information to help diagnose issues related to your IPSIS integration.
Filters for Entity Type, Date Range, Ordering, and Error Type make it easier to locate information and see it organized in a more accessible format. High priority error messages display prominently, errors are grouped by type, and technical details are available for each error. Authentication errors are pushed to the System Log instead of displaying in the IPSIS error log. When administrators navigate from the Dashboard or the Batches page to the Error UI, the error messages that appear are specific to a single batch.
View Log Messages
The Log Message page lists activity entries.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click IPSIS Administration.
- From the drop-down list, select the date criteria to display log entries for.
- The Log Level is set to Any by default, however you can choose any of the following log levels:
- Information: Indicates regular processing occurring within the system. Information logs provide a view of the ongoing status of the integrations.
- Warning: Indicates problems with processing a request. However, warning logs do not necessarily mean a misconfiguration or problem with the system.
- Error : Indicates an error within the system that the administrator should investigate. Error log entries may indicate system misconfiguration and may prevent the integration from working correctly.